Friday, May 9, 2008

God's greatest gift

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful women out there. I went yesterday to Angie's blog (it's in my blogs I read) and found myself feeling so thankful for my daughter. If you haven't read her blog, you should (but bring some tissues). She lost her daughter a little over a month ago and has written all about her experience with the loss. I feel connected to her since I too have lost a child. Every time I go to her blog I am covered in tears, it touches my heart so much. I find her very uplifting in that she's still so close to God and still gives him thanks for everything. I didn't ever go away from God in my experience, but I do admit I had a time of being angry with him. So anyway, after reading some of her recent entries, I found myself feeling so thankful. As I read her blog, Kara was in my arms sleeping so peaceful. I looked down at her and felt overwhelmingly grateful to have her here with me. I do believe that my experience has made her more precious to me. Sometimes things happen that make you realize how lucky you are, and Angie's blog does that for me. I remember the feeling of emptiness as my stomach went back to size after Conner. I longed to feel his kicks again, or to just be able to hold him once more. Now my arms are full with a beautiful baby girl and I couldn't be happier. She is God's greatest gift and I will never allow myself to forget that. So to all of you mother's out there, cherish your babies, toddlers, elementary age, teenagers, and even adult children. God has blessed us all with the greatest gift he has to give. I pray tonight for the women out there that want a child. I believe if you want a child and have a means to support them with that you should be given one, however life isn't always that fair. I know several women that are wanting a child but are having a hard time getting one. I have been there and know how hard that can be. So for all those women, I am going to say a special prayer that you will be given the gift of a child. Be thankful for what you have and have a wonderful day.





PS Here's some pics of my family today. We went to brunch at the NCO club for Mother's Day. Afterwards Kara and I took a long nap on the couch. It doesn't get any better than that!! Maddy wrote me some sweet little poems. Here's one: The grass is green, the sky is blue, roses are violet, just as lovely as you. And another: You're as loving and kind as an angel. You're as pretty as a rose. Now isn't that sweet?



Look at her cute little barrette.

All of us together

I love this pic, but Kara was mad in it.

Maddy, Kara, and me on Mother's Day. How sweet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey baby girl,
I love the pictures of your beautiful family. There are soon special. Take the time to enjoy every minute of it. The time goes bye so quick. I see you soon. love mom