Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The little things


I realized that lately all I post about is my darling little girl, but in all honesty she's my life. Day in and day out I am with her 24/7. My husband is gone for weeks at a time, leaving just the two of us on this little island to entertain ourselves. While I enjoy every second I am with her, I often miss my husband, my confidant, my lover. It's hard not having a grown up to talk to and share my day with. I have told him numerous times that I wish he would do sweet things to let me know he feels it too. He does his best to call me whenever he can, which is pretty exciting (I know some husbands only call their wives a few times while being gone). If he can he calls EVERY day, and sometimes twice a day. (I guess I shouldn't ask for more than a call, right? )This particular TDY he was feeling very sad about leaving. It's nearing both my and Kara's birthdays and he doesn't want to miss them. Plus he knows this trip was the start of several trips in the next few months. It is heartbreaking, it's lonely, and it doesn't get any easier after all these years. So anyway, he wanted me to know that he was feeling the pain, as I was and left me this on our bathroom mirror:

It says "I <3>

I am thankful for a husband that listens and takes time out of his day to let me know he loves me. It is a blessing that I have such a man in my life!

Nick- thank you for all you do! If we haven't talked by the time you read this then I want you to know I am thinking of you, miss you and love you very much. Oh and when you call I have some EXCITING news! Love you!

4 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

Hope he gets home very soon...and you three can have belated birthday party! With CAKE!!
hugs
Aunt Sandi

Unknown said...

Awww :) My hubs is my rock too.. my best friend. I hope the time he is away passes quickly.
Psssst...Are you pregnant?

Samantha said...

Hopefully Nick will be home soon - I saw Karas birthday invite its really cute and you need too post the pics that you used for that like her with the carebears - whats your good news???

Donna said...

I appreciate the sacrifices that both of you make to help keep us safe! {{{hugs}}}