Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thomas Kinkade Gallery

It's my 300th post and to celebrate I am going to share some pics from my visit to the Thomas Kinkade Gallery. My sweet husband brought me there, knowing I would love it, while we were visiting Texas this past winter. It was so beautiful and breathtaking. It wasn't a large gallery, but big enough to get me excited. They have dimmers that you can mess with so that you can see the lights in all the pictures. Thomas Kinkade is known as the "Painter of Light" because he paints his pictures to light up even in dim light. It's hard to explain but really breathtaking once you've seen it done. He is my FAVORITE artist of all time. His paintings make you want to go to a place with little cottages and cute stores. Anyone know a place like that? If so sign me up!!! He makes sure that he puts an "N" in each painting in honor of his wife, Nanette. In my Sweetheart Cottage II painting there are actually 5 "Ns". How sweet and romantic is that? I love doing his puzzles and am reading a book series that he helped write. So anyway, on to the pictures. These are for my dear friend, Samantha. Enjoy!!!

How pretty is that?

I would love to have a piece of land like this with a little log cabin!! SO pretty!

Snow White's cottage, love it!



Looks like the gate to heaven...


I love the snow!!






I just finished this puzzle!







One of my most favorite places in the world!








No comments: