Saturday, November 22, 2008

Catch up post

November 18th- I am thankful for cooler temperatures. If finally happened. It started getting cooler around here. It has been heavenly here the last few days. I have been wearing jeans and long sleeves all week. Kara is finally getting use of here little hoodies and warm outfits! It is WONDERFUL!!!

November 19th- I am thankful for opportunities. The opportunity to be a mother, wife, friend, ect. I have been so thankful lately of the things I have been able to experience in my life. I've had the opportunity to go to college and get a degree, to travel to foreign lands, to meet different types of people. In the end, I have come to appreciate these things and what they have taught me.

November 20th- Conner's 3rd birthday. I can't think of anything I am more thankful for than to have given birth to a perfect soul (as my mother in law would say). He was too perfect to stay on this earth. He didn't have any work to do it had already been done by the time he took his first and last breath. I miss him so much and will post soon about how we celebrated his 3rd birthday.

November 21st- I am thankful for good food. I am a lover of food. I love to eat. It is enjoyable to me, probably too much. There's nothing I love better than some good country cooking. Lima beans, cornbread, pot roast, mmmmmmm! However I have come to realize that enjoying food can be done without over indulging. Which brings me to what I am thankful for today.....

November 22nd- I am thankful that I am now 5 pounds lighter than I was when I got pregnant with Kara. I am down to 120. It finally happened on the scale this morning. I know it sounds silly, but I was always a small girl. In high school, I never got over 103 pounds, which was probably too small. I am happy at the weight I am now. I still need toning, but overall I am happy. My goal weight is 118 so I am only 2 pounds away. It is awesome that I have got my weight down without feeling deprived. I still eat most things I want I have just found alternatives in things like baking with whole wheat flour. I also limit my treats. If I want chocolate I eat 3 Hershey kisses and it usually fills that void rather than eating 8 chocolate chip cookies like I use do to. I am thankful that I have the will power to get myself and keep myself at a good weight.

No comments: