Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pure class

First let me say that I am saddened by Americans choice in President of the United States. I feel that they way he got elected was wrong and uneducated. However I am willing to put my bad thoughts aside and pray for Obama, that he will go to God for guidance and will bring a change that is good for our country. My fingers are crossed and my hands are at prayer almost constantly now with that in mind.

As I watched John McCain deliver his speech yesterday, I wept. I wept for him, for our country, for my friends and family, and for myself. It was truly heartbreaking to me. I watched a man that was a true American hero speak with such class. He was so kind in his words about "his new president, Obama" and the passing of Obama's grandmother. Several times he tried to hush the boos that were being done. I've always respected him, but that respect grew so greatly yesterday. He proved to be far better person than me. I couldn't have been more proud. I was saddened that America won't get to see what John McCain could have done for them. I know many people will disagree with me but he would have put the "Country First" no doubt about it! I will be honest and tell you that I didn't' watch Obama's speech, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I was angry because a friend of mine (an Obama supporter) called me all excited that he had won. She knew that I didn't vote for him. She called to gloat, something I would have never done if the tables were turned. I can't tell you how disappointed I was in her actions and felt that many other people probably did the same. I found it appalling and disrespectful. I never once argued with her on her choice. Oh well, I at least know that I handled the situation with grace. I pray that I have been wrong about Obama and that he will treat our country right. God be with us all.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I did the same thing last night. I listened to Senator McCain's speech and cried. He is class all the way. What a shame that he wasn't given a chance. I, too, went to bed after that, unable to face the fanfare. I've already had hateful, gloating things said to me and I deleted some from my blog (including from people I don't even know). No class. I was going to be respectful if Senator McCain had won. I hope and pray such "in your face" disrespect doesn't continue for 4 years, or else it will divide this nation for sure. I was pleased to see some people be nice and gracious, so that gives me a little hope.

I pray that God will see us through the days ahead.