Monday, November 5, 2007

Giving Thanks!


Okay so I am behind on my blogging and now I am behind on my giving thanks each day of this month so I am going to catch myself up:

November 1st- I am thankful for the relationship I have with my stepdaughter. Many step- relationships are not good. People don't get along and things can get nasty. I am thankful to have been around since Maddy was 2 years old and we have what I would like to call a special bond.

November 2nd- I am thankful for my husband. I spent a few years in my early adulthood wondering if I would ever meet a man that would love me as I did him. I felt like it wasn't going to happen so I kept myself cut off from dating and relationships. I am glad to have found my soul mate.

November 3rd- I am thankful for my mother. If it weren't for her I wouldn't be here. But not only that but she is always there for me. We have a wonderful relationship. We talk almost daily and she always takes time to listen to me and to give advice.

November 4th- I am thankful for friends. I am talking about TRUE friends. The kind of friend that is always on your side. The kind of friend that you can call after weeks of not talking and you can pick right back up where you left off. The kind of friend that you never have to worry about stabbing you in the back. These kind of friend are few and far between.

November 5th- I am thankful for my home. I am thankful to have a home to live in that has electricity and running water. So many people take this for granted. This isn't something everyone in this world has, it is a privilege and a gift.

November 6th- I am thankful for my religion. Without God I would be totally lost. No I don't attend church very often or try to push my religion on others, but I have no doubts about my relationship with God. He and I have always been solid. Yes I have been angry with him at times, but without him? NEVER!!

3 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

When I think of the millions of people who live on less than nothing and realize that so many of the homeless in this country are children, it makes me realize how rich we are. I mean rich, not well off, not getting by, but truly rich. I am so glad that you and Maddy have such a super relationship and that you and Nick found each other. That's exactly how I feel about Uncle Wallace...my soulmate.

Abbie said...

This is so touching Jodie, I'm thankful for the opportunity to meet people like you (in blogland that is)

Thanks for visiting my blog, the picture with my mom and son was taken at my younger sisters's apartment in DC.

I'm so happy for you, and your DH. I love reading about love stories and soulmates.
Take care.

Leah said...

It was fun to have you visit my site today, Jodie. Thanks for stopping by, and signing up for the month-long challenge. I hope it does everyone a world of good, and makes all of us more thankful for the things we have. God has blessed me SO much, but there's a lot I take for granted. I need to be better about having a thankful heart EVERY day!

Happy November!