Friday, February 8, 2008

A shy little girl....

Okay so Nick and I were very anxious to find out if the baby was a girl or boy for sure so I went and got another 4D done. I wasn't going to do it and just wait for my appointment on Monday, but Nick insisted. He said it was worth the extra $50 to not be wondering anymore. He had to stay home to study (he tested for tech on Thursday, keep your fingers crossed) while I went. When I got there I told the girl my main reason for coming was to find out the sex of the baby. She looked and said that it may be a girl but the legs were too close together. We tried to shaker her around so she would move them, but she wouldn't budge. She called in another nurse to look, who couldn't tell either. Finally they called the Japanese doctor in and he said "Girl, girl!!!" I asked him if he was sure and he said he was. So there you have it, she is a girl. I was happy that it didn't change because I have all the girl clothes and ideas of how to do her nursery bouncing around in my head. It would have been hard to convert everything to a boy this late in the game, but it could have been done. I am just so thankful and excited to know for sure. I can't wait to see my sweet baby Kara. Only a few months until I can hold her in my arms.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH!!! So happy to hear :) Put your mind at ease... I have to wait for my next U/S, which Im not sure when that will be yet....

Anonymous said...

hello, i feel strange leaving you this message as i am a stranger lol but i will be moving to okinawa this week (Kadena AB to be exact) and am pregnant. Can i ask, where did you get your 3d/4d ultrasound at? How much did it cost? Please reply to jrenke0485@yahoo.com or you can find me on myspace search Jessica Laker.
Thank you sooo much if you do reply! I want a 3/4d u/s so bad:D
good luck in your pregnancy!