Monday, August 20, 2007

Too close for comfort

TOKYO — A China Airlines jet exploded into flames at an airport in Okinawa after arriving from Taiwan on Monday, but all 165 people aboard escaped alive, officials said. Police said terrorism was not suspected. This really freaked me out. Just two weeks ago this is the plane that Maddy and I flew into Okinawa. I remember the flower on the side because Maddy thought it was cool we were riding the plane with a pretty flower, but would have much rather went on the one with Hello Kitty. I know kids love that Hello Kitty. But really, thank God that this didn't happen to us. Luckily everyone made it out, but can you imagine how traumatizing this would have been? Especially for Maddy. Wow that is really scary. Yeah so I know I have really ruined any chance of my mother in law coming over here now. That was not my intention. Maybe I shouldn't post this. There are still cruises, REMEMBER!! Well, this is just to crazy I have to share it. I am sorry Sissy for scaring you with this, I am posting it so we can all be thankful that it wasn't us. Thank you God! I feel like dropping to my knees with praise. Whew is all I have to say. My heart is still pounding. Maybe luck is on my side after all.

2 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

I saw this on the news yesterday and IMMEDIATELY thought of you and Maddy...I didn't know which route you would have taken in and heard this one came from Taiwan...Yes, I think you can consider yourself blessed! Thank God you're both safe...they have grounded the other planes to do a complete check...Uncle Wallace takes an air gauge with him when we fly, no kidding! Ask Sissy, lol
Love
Aunt Sandi

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Yeah.....and you guys think I'm going to fly on over there to say hey. This just proves my point! My heart is pounding harder and my left eye is twitching just thinking about flying. Geez.