Friday, December 28, 2007

How was your Christmas?



Some Okinawan dancers.
A view from the top of the hill.
I am pretty sure this should have said "Plaza" of snow. I thought it was classic!!


Well mine was good, but being that I am under the weather, it had it's downfalls. I was all excited about the snow land that they were having at the zoo. We had plans to meet our friends there but had to take our dog, Tinkerbell, to the vet (she's okay has some inflammation in her lungs). So being that we were late, they went ahead without us. So after we were done we called them to see where we could meet and they told us how terrible it all was. I was like,"Seriously, you've got to be kidding me!!" ( We had already bought tickets and spent $36!!!) We almost decided not to go, but I am so glad we did go. No, the snow part wasn't that cool. There was a huge line to get to it, about 2 hours. However, Maddy did get to sneak up there to feel what snow feels like (she's never seen it before). But the lights and dancers there were pretty cool. They also had a laser light show that was cool to watch. It was funny because some songs were in English while others were in Japanese. They also played, "We are the World", kind of funny. We had a nice time so that was good.


On Christmas Eve we (along with our neighbors and other friends) went to the Botanical Gardens for the annual Christmas lights. Sadly, it was raining and it just got worse and worse. We were soaked before it was all over with. Luckily a man gave us some bags to put over our clothes so we didn't get as wet. The laser show was really cool, but I was sad that I didn't get more pictures. The rain put a bit of a damper on things. Being that half of the people we were with including Nick and myself were sick it made for an interesting night. But the lights were of course were beautiful. It's a our tradition to go there every Christmas Eve we are here. It's just that great!!


Look at Nick's face. Too funny! Everyone in the train! Aww how sweet they had a place for sweethearts. Don't you love my bag? Nick looks like he wet his pants!! LOL





This is the entrance to the park. It was so pretty. Don't you love that Nick and I match? He did!







Here's my favorite picture of the night. You can see all the rain on our jeans.

Christmas day was okay we just stayed home and watched movies and played a few games. Our friends came over for dinner. We all got some great gifts. My favorite was my pregnancy pillow that Nick got me. I was so surprised. I hadn't mentioned wanting one to him since the last time I was pregnant. It was the most thoughtful gift. I love it so much. It makes bed time so much better. The dogs liked it too!! Sadly these are the only pictures I took on Christmas day. I can't believe I forgot to take some when we were opening gifts. Silly me! I hope you all had a nice Christmas too!

The dogs and me enjoying my gift from Nick!

Santa left Maddy a scooter!!!

No comments: