Friday, December 28, 2007

Some of our Christmas cookies.


Okay so I cheated, we used the already made cookies from a tube. I am not good a baking cookies. I can bake cakes, pies, candy, but cookies no way. They always come out all flat or really fat and taste like flour. So we made both sugar and gingerbread cookies this year. Somehow I managed to forget to take more pictures of this event but I did manage to get this one. I liked making the ones with our names on them. They were of course my favorite. Maddy had fun with them too, but about half way through she was "bored" of it. I tell you that kid is much like her father. They both get bored easily and always have to have the TV going. I on the other hand could go the whole day without even turning one on. I think I may like the quite a little too much. LOL

2 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

Hmm, and they were so good, too! Thanks for taking the sugar out, nothing quite like Mommy Magic to make a cookie just right!
love
Aunt Sandi

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Ummmm, yummy! lol I love sugar cookies and mess them up every time I attempt to make them. Sherri made a batch of them while she was here at the end of September...man, they were good!

I'm hoping to get a good chunk of time soon to call you. I love the stamps you sent and can't wait to get started on using them. And I'm very excited about the Nicholas Sparks books - yay! I'll finally get to read some of his stuff!

Christmas here was quiet, but good. I made a giant turkey - and thanks to your mom's recipe, it was fanTABulous! Juicy and tender. Gotta love that.

It's almost 11:00 at night, guess I'd better start thinking about getting to bed. The days just seem to fly by and are over before I know it. I'm hoping everything will settle down after New Years. We're going up to Oklahoma the 30th and coming home on the 1st. Then it'll be time to pack the Christmas stuff away, etc, etc, etc. Whew. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. lol I miss you guys so much. Christmas was good, but it would have been sooooooooooooooo much better if ya'll had been here. (sigh)
Love you - tell Nick, Maddy and Kara I love them, too!