Saturday, December 1, 2007

Worst Christmas parade ever!!!

This is Maddy's look of disappointment, poor thing had to suffer through this like we did.

So you know how you look forward to things in life, which for me happens a lot in the Christmas season, and then you are totally let down? Well that was me yesterday. Our base has been advertising for the Christmas parade for a few weeks now and so I was kind of excited to see what it was like. The first problem I saw with it was that it was at noon. Who does a Christmas parade in daylight? Aren't you supposed to have it at night so all the lights show? Well, to my disappointment there were no lights, no floats, no band, no Christmas music or even carolers. It my friends was just a bunch of people walking, yes some were dressed in Santa hats and elf suits, but I was amazed at how AWFUL it was. The highlight of the whole things was that Santa and two elves rode on the firetruck at the end. I realize we are on a little island, but does that mean our creativeness has sunk to the bottom of the ocean? What happened to homemade floats? We have cars here and I know there has to be some kind of things that haul bigger things they could have used. I just don't get it. I was crushed after this event and then to make matters worse, their so called Tinsel Town, had not one Christmas thing to it. All it had was a bunch of vendors with food and games, none might I add that were Christmas like at all. There was no Christmas decor anywhere besides on the top of the Schilling center there are a few things they were to light up at 5pm, which again is not when it's dark here. What a total and utter waste of my time and hopes. But I have learned that here that is the norm, you get your hopes up and then they let them fall. Sorry to be complaining, it was just a HUGE let down for me. But on a brighter note I did fail to post the last few things I am thankful for.


November 27th- The Internet, for without it I couldn't blog or keep in touch with my old friends, being that I am in a far away land.


November 28th-Scrapbooking because it helps me preserve my pictures and has provided me with so much fun, I can't imagine life without it.


November 30th- Finally I guess I would have to say blessings, because they are so wonderful and make our lives so much better. I have been blessed in so many ways and for those things I give thanks to God.

1 comment:

Sandi McBride said...

Well Babygirl, looks like you're going to have to be Miss Christmas Spirit, Okinawa (your Mominlaw already holds the title in Weatherford)and show these people what Christmas is all about. I can understand the rest of the island, they are of course not Christian, but the base is supposed to be the little piece of the US that you live on...is there a wives club? I would think there would be...check into it...there's nothing more productive than a viable Wives (Spouses?) Club. Take it from a former Navy Wife...if they don't have one, you start one...you'll rock!