Friday, December 28, 2007

She said my baby's fat!!

Here's her profile. That nose doesn't look pointed to me!!
She's looking right at the scanner, looks kind of like an alien. Just kidding!

So it seems my poor little baby is a little chunky. According to the ultrasound she weights over a pound. Her stomach is measuring a few weeks big. I asked the doctor it if was okay and she said it's just because she's fat. She asked me if I was eating extra food. "No, I am not, thankyouverymuch!!!" I actually lost 2 pounds from last weeks visit(I've only gained about 9 pounds total). I figure it's because I have been sick. But anyway, everything else is measuring right on target and everything with her is just perfect. I did get he doc to look at the sex of the baby once more. So the doc says well there's no male parts. So I asked if there were female parts. "Well, I don't really see any but let's go look again." I was so nervous at that point. However, when she looked again she pointed out to me where the girl parts were and said that yes she is definitely a girl. Talk about making someone sweat. I felt much better afterwards. But I will still be getting them to check it out for me at my 3D scan in January. Her heartbeat was 154 so that was good too. I love watching her on the ultrasound. It is so neat. I could see her little hands, arms, legs, and feet moving all around. It was so cute. Her face looks beautiful to me already. Oh that reminds me the doc also said she has a pointed nose, the nerve I swear!! No in all honesty I don't think my doctor was trying to be rude, she's really nice. She did irritate me a little because she wouldn't check out my cold for me. I told her that my ear has been clogged since Christmas Day and she said she didn't have the equipment to look at it for me. "Are you serious??" Now I have to wait until the 2nd to be seen. Apparently you have to have a terrible cold for three weeks before they will give you antibiotics around here. I really hope to be better by then so I can cancel that appointment but who knows? Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats..I know she will be beautiful. Her mom and dad are both cuties. Glad you are feeling better.

Sandi McBride said...

Okay, now didn't I tell you RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING that the baby is a girl? Huh, didn't I??? Fat indeed...she's pleasantly plump. Or fluffy. You have to tell this person that we don't use the word fat when talking about our soon to be children!
love
Aunt Sandi

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Hey - I got no problem with that baby being fat. It'll make her look that much more like her Granny Hayes! lol (Except for that pointed nose thing. One thing I'm fairly sure of, I do NOT have a pointed nose. I kind of WISH I did, but I don't. ha).