Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Blissful day

Today had to be one of the best days I have had in a while. It started with me getting to sleep in. Both Kara and the dogs were still asleep when I woke up at 8:45. It was so nice. Usually one of the two wakes me up and I feel so tired. I went and mailed out some boxes that I had been meaning to get out. Then we went to the Disney/character store off base, where I found Kara a Care Bear suitcase. It is too cute!

At about 4pm, I got a call about my dining room table I had for sale. The lady came to look at it and decided she wanted it. So we loaded it up in her van. Now I am $100 richer!! Whoo Hoo!!

Kara and I played tonight while listening to sweet music. Including this one, which made me cry:
http://http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=SzmgAM8rIgo

Then I read her a few stories and put her to bed at 9pm. She has got to where she will put herself to sleep. I just lay her in her bed and she plays until she's ready to go to sleep. It is so awesome. So after I put her to bed, I took a nice warm bath. I used some really great bath salts too that smell like lavender. It was so very relaxing. Now I am going to blog a bit and then hit the sack.



PS I wanted to share a sweet moment from last night's story time:

While I read Bambi to Kara, I noticed that my two dogs (missed a pic of Tink) and cat were listening in too. It was a very sweet rewarding moment for me. I truly felt like a Disney character myself reading to all the little animals. :) Kara's quilt had fallen on the floor and Chloe took full advantage, see her in the background? The next picture is a close up of her.




Here is Anakin all cozy under her little table that has the lamp on it. I know I promised pics of the nursery but I am not totally done with it yet. Whenever I do finish I will post some, I promise!


3 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

I still can't get over how beautiful she is. Reading to her is such a great habit to start!
love
Aunt Sandi

Anonymous said...

ot a warm fuzzy feeling when I read that the pets were listening to you read as well. Got me all teary eyed. And you were worried about your motherly instincts for nothing. Even the pets know you are a fantastic mom. The memories that baby will enjoy.
Great Job dear friend. Great job!!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Jodie,
Go to this blogsite to let her know you're going to be participating in the next photo challenge. She did a post about it and wants everyone to leave a comment on that post if they plan on being in on the next one.
http://www.lovedandengraved.blogspot.com/

Love ya
Sissy