Friday, July 11, 2008

Patriotism

I have been racking my brain on what to post this week for Brenda's Photo Challenge. It's not really hard to post about Patriotism, just to find the pictures to go along with what I have to say. The first picture is of the cake I made for the 4th of July. I had all intentions of it looking wonderful, dressed in red, white, and blue (there is supposed to be a star on the top). It was going great until I started putting the second layer and then it all fell apart. But the only thing that mattered was I tried. I tried showing my patriotism with a cake. To show my pride for the red, white, and blue. I can't tell you how much you start to appreciate the USA after living in a foreign land. It makes you realize just how wonderful we have it. What a great place we have to call home. Home of the free and the brave.
The next picture is of one of the crews my husband deployed with a few years ago. These are just a few of the many men and women out there fighting for our country. How lucky we are to have people like them willing to sacrifice their lives for our freedom. They have the most selfless job you could ever possibly have. They put their lives on the line for you and me. I am so thankful for these people and I couldn't be prouder to call one of them my husband (pictured on the far left). Thank you to all our service members for what you do. We can never thank you enough.
And for my last picture, the most precious one for me, my husband and daughter on the 4th of July. This was taken just 2 days before we had to send him on a plane to join the fight once again. I have to tell you that was the most patriotic thing I have ever seen; watching my husband tell our daughter goodbye. It was truly heartbreaking watching a grown man cry because he was going to miss out on a few months of his newborns life. (He will hate I blogged that!) To make it even more special, he volunteered for it. Yes I know I through a fit about it, but through it all I am proud. He always says he would rather go himself than see someone else go. That is true patriotism.

3 comments:

Karen M said...

Precious!!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

That's a great post. Love your patriotism pictures! I thought about using that one of Nick and his crew, too. That picture just screams "PATRIOTISM". It's a great photo. And the last one is special as well. Yeah. Everyone may be right. She may actually have her daddy's hair! lol

Your cake looks delicious - stop torturing me. (ha)

Love you,
Sissy

Sandi McBride said...

Through it all we are proud of them...no matter what, anger at actions is a waste of life experience, isn't it? I know that it wasn't a fit of anger, but a fit of fear, though...this was a beautiful post, probably your best yet...
love you all
Aunt Sandi